RCU Forums - View Single Post - ESM Customized P51 Mustang
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 10:44 AM
Mr.Stang

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ESM Customized P51 Mustang

ORIGINAL: Condor060

Hey guys, I have been away for a while but I have made some changes to the final setup and am ready to get this bird in the air.

Mistake #1. The new DLE 35 was run on 50 to 1 fuel. head temps were 270-290. The manual states 30 to 1 but not as break in mixture. It wants 30 to 1 all the time. I mixed the fuel and ran 5 tanks. Head temps are now 210 at WOT.

Mistake #2. I didn't give enough airspace around the jug for proper cooling. I have cut more area out to get proper airflow.

Mistake #3 This kit needed 1.5 lbs of nose weight mounted to the top of the engine standoffsto balance. This is after I moved the elevator servo and the batteries to the front of the aircraft.

Mistake #4 I tried the first flights on the 17 inch 4 blade. I have mounted an 18, 8 two blade for the next few flights to get the motor broke in before I try this again.I am getting 8400 RPM static with the two blade.

Mistake #5 I was running the custom exhaust before break in. I have installed the stock exhaust until the engine has a few more tanks through it.

As soon as we get out of the rain spell in NC I am off to the field for some flight video. I expect to see a pretty fast mustang with the 4 HP dle running at maximum ability. I wll post some pictures of the changes I made. I used a torque tube from a Chaos 600 helicopter to make the pushrod for the elevator. It is working great with no flex.

Be back in a couple of days.

Fred

Hi Fred

Wath u mean with "Be back ina couple of days"?

We all still waiting!!

Cheers Fred