RCU Forums - View Single Post - CM-6 Gas Engine problem
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 04:08 AM
Night Scream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CM-6 Gas Engine problem

ORIGINAL: pe reivers

What engine? What ignition brand? Were did you buy the ignitions?
Ignition in foam, with tie wraps? Loosely or tight?
This may be important information before we all dumbASSume it is RCexl that is mounted correctly.
I'll try to get a pic from one of my planes showing how i have the ignition.

I'm using DLE 30 both brand new rear carb versions and 1 side carb. which has over 250 flights in it And i got them in 3D planes [extra 260, MX2]

I've been using DLE ignitions from tower hobbies, RXexl bought from hobbyking or bob's hobby shop in orlando florida.

All brand new and they have all lasted the same.

Set up i got i got after numerous configurations of testing to see what's been going on.. is:

Cut a square of foam just the size of the ignition bottom and hold it in place with 2 tie wraps [plastic one's] and i have either the iginition inside the plane near the gas tank or in the cowling held in the same way. and i just tighten it so that they will not move but not excessively tight, but never loose enought for them to fall out of place.

All my cowlings i make extra big holes in the bottom to make sure air get's in and out fast for maximum circulation of airflow.. I don't have any baffles in my cowlings

the spark plug gap i got for the dle 30's i think is 26 or 28 gap of the spark plug.

About the cap from the ignition.. I have purchased and allways got extra of those CM-6 Spark plug cap kit's that come with the cap, the silicone boot and the ressistance and sometimes they work other not, but when they work it's the ssame they last 15-30 flights and again die.

This has been an on going problem with these ignitions since i switched to them.. The engine's are superb and very reliable.. but the ignition.. that's a different story.

Might have to try those 2 new iginitions the CH and the RcXp you guys mentioned