RCU Forums - View Single Post - Marvel Mystery Oil?
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 03:03 AM
iskandar taib
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Marvel Mystery Oil?

ROFL. This reminds me of the time someone (can't remember where, might've been here, might've been Stuka Stunt) claimed that they put pumice in Type F ATF. You know, the same pumice they put in Lava Soap and Gojo Hand Cleaner. This was because, years and years ago, the instructor in a course he took (might've been in the military, don't remember now) said so. However, he said, Dextron III (and I suppose III) was OK - they ONLY put the pumice in Type F. I pointed out to him that even Ford automatic transmissions had moving parts, anything in ATF that would cause wear in model airplane engines would cause a great deal MORE wear on said moving parts. Well, he said - he got out the notes again, and RIGHT THERE - it said PUMICE. So he would "stand by his words".

If you look it up, you'll find the difference between Type F and Dexron was friction modifiers - Dextron had them, Type F did not. Use the wrong fluid and clutches would slip and worse. What were these friction modifiers? Wikipedia says such things as whale oil (!) and jojoba oil. Certainly not pumice.

Iskandar