RCU Forums - View Single Post - P-38 Yellow Aircraft Build Thread Electric w/ Sound System
Old 06-21-2013, 06:24 AM
Ron101
My Feedback: (22)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: P-38 Yellow Aircraft Build Thread Electric w/ Sound System

Great build guys!

As a long time electric lover.... I have to ask why a hobby king motor of such a high end project?

I fly giant scale electrics on a regular basis and have great success in the 100's of flights with Hacker, AXI, Scorpion motors.... along with Castle Creation ESC (ICE 160 HV's) most using Thunder Power lipos. I have just seen to many Hobby King motors demag or there ESC fail.
I'm all for it on lower end projects but this is a big project.

Not to say you can't have success because much to my surpise most of the hobby king stuff seems to work,,,,, I would at the very least do a serious bench test on that motor,,,, which ESC are you planning? which ever it is I would also bench test it before the install. I've have seen a good amount of new builds get burned on the first run up. Once you have 5 to 10 get runs on the gear you can start to have a little more faith in the gear....

but until then I trust nothing that's just how I roll and I have a good track record (knock on wood)