RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Fox engines?
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 06:29 AM
earlwb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: New Fox engines?

I have pulled the backplate off quite a few new Fox engines over the years and I haven't found any swarf inside yet. It isn't to say it doesn't happen though, but I haven't encountered any swarf inside one of the engines yet. I had bought some new engines more recently in the past few years and they were clean on the inside and appeared to haver been test run at the factory for a few minutes. They don't run the engines very long of course so you will very likely not see any carbopn buildup on them at all. But it is possible that maybe they don't test run all of the engines anymore, I don't know, I haven't been back to visit the Fox Factory recently. Now then Fox does use Castor oIl in their 0% nitro test fuel, so if a new engine sits for a long time, it will get stuck and need to be unstuck of course. But the engine will be perfectly preserved though. I have taken new in the box 20 to 30 year old engines, unstuck them, oiled them up, and ran and flew them just fine no problem.

I think people tend to get pretty fixed in their ways, if they don't like something, then they very likely never will. But for any brand model engine out there one will find people that don't like it.