RCU Forums - View Single Post - what you think, a Walbro for a Glow 4st
Old 06-21-2013, 07:00 PM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Default what you think, a Walbro for a Glow 4st

so my son has a Magnum 180 4st, it runs great and it's quite smooth and powerful, it will turn an APC 17X8W at 8800 (on 15% Nitro), as I have found that is the same as the Saito 180

the problem is I can not trust it to idle unless it has been flown, 2 things come to mind, 1) it simply will not idle well unless it gets hot in flight,, or,, 2) before flight the tank is full and the engine just runs to rich at idle,, keep in mind that if I lean the idle more it will not start well at all, so I'm sure the Low Needle is where it should be, cause if I richen it more the idle becomes worse,
BTW, after flight it will idle way, way down, it will really plunk down low and will just keep on idling

to add, both the High and Low needs are very, very loose, and I have tried all the Magnum tricks with the needs,

so I was thinking about making a Manifold for a Walbro, it would not be that hard, the pluses would be the Walbro would have a Fuel Pump, and I think it would not be as messy

to add,, I can call Walbro as I have in the past and get a Carb that fits the ID of the port that has the highest Metering so it will flow the Alcohol well

yes, I will be sticking with Glow Fuel..

so I'm sure it would work, but it is important that I do not loose any power or top RPM, so my question is, do you think this setup would loose power or top RPM ??

what yeeaa think

Jim