RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Thing About Advice
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 06:46 AM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Thing About Advice

I remember some 'bad advice' I got when I started using online forums. I read in a few places that a certain airplane with a certain recommended power system was under powered. I read it so much I believed it a and went astray. I later learned it was all from the same person, at different times and on different forums. Had I not listened to that advice I would have saved a bunch of money and time and aggravation (I also learned a lot and learned what not to do!).

I think over time you learn about people and can figure out whose advice to take. It is important to figure out if they appreciate the same things as you. For example, I would be more open to advice from someone who spends a lot of time flying a few airplanes that are similar to what I fly, than someone with a variety hangar who is happy flying anything as long as they are at the field. Both guys would have good experience and likely a valid point, but the chances are the first guy has experienced whatever it is I am working on at the time.