RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS 1.20 Go Boom....!!!
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 08:46 AM
Giant_Scale_Gasser
My Feedback: (84)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: OS 1.20 Go Boom....!!!

ORIGINAL: Sport_Pilot

ORIGINAL: Giant_Scale_Gasser

ORIGINAL: controlliner

Is that burned on oil on the rod? It looks like the con rod got hot.
Nope, it's the golden brown of rust. The crank counterweights were rusty. Clearly not enough after run was used at one point in it's life. It never overheated while I was running it. I always run em rich to keep them cool. I rather have a little burble every now and again. I am not the lean it our and let it eat guy.

modracer07 - PM me and let me know what you have, I am always buying & building. I have a brand new 1.60FX and a DLE20 on the shelf for the next projects and the new 1.20AX on the way, but I can always use another couple of engines for the right price.

Rust is ruddy red not golden brown. Looks like castor oil stain to me. But not enough to say it got too hot.
I overhaul and sell used nitro engines on consignment as part of my online business. In the many that I have done to date, the rust is always a brownish color that ends up smeared on the rod, the under side of the piston, the crankcase, etc. I personally have never seen anything redish. Like the image I included (Sure it has only 1/2 gallon thru it and sure you ALWAYS used after run sir... LOL!), it always looks brown to me but I may not "see" the same color you do.