RCU Forums - View Single Post - Thumbs Up for Hobbyking Support
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 10:36 AM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Thumbs Up for Hobbyking Support

The only real gripe I have ever had about HK is parts availability which is not an issue support seems to be able to handle. I don't think they eat plastic and defecate parts.[]

I have a foam/electric P-38 that was poorly designed (or built) in that the nose gear constantly fail(ed) on roll out due to improper length of the servo pushrod. What that means is when I landed, about 95% of the time the nose gear collapsed and the props hit the ground even though the mains stayed down. Worse was the clevis that broke when I tried to adjust it. The rod is way smaller than 1/16th and threaded, so I got a Klett clevis, filled it with 30 minute epoxy and put it on the rod still wet. After it set up, I have some created threads and was able to lengthen the effective throw at the gear and engage the downlocks. That worked for a while. The last time I flew it in October the nose gear failed on roll out which suggests that I might need to address it again. I will when and if I have reason to believe I will be able to fly the airplane again.

Right now my P-38 has been hanging up since October because the old props are too badly damaged to even try to fly and the new props have been on back order since then and there is NO evidence they will ever exist.

Yes, there are other things that went not good but given the cost I simply ate them. A RX for