View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 06:00 PM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Thumbs Up for Hobbyking Support

ORIGINAL: dmoody19
SNIP..

Maybe the problem is us. ??? Don't get me wrong and before you people call me unAmerican you need to know I am a 100% disabled vet service connected, I vote and i love this country. Make us proud. instead of pointing fingers do something to make things better yourselves... get together and start a similar business like HK.
I agree 100% but there is a basic problem with that idea. The governments (local, state, and federal) all want to control how you do business, who you can hire, what you can pay them and what they must have for benefits.

Last time I priced it out the dude getting $10/hour was COSTING me $17.83 per hour with all the benefits REQUIRED BY LAW and that was well BEFORE the latest horror story of a law referred to as 'Obamacare' which has raised insurance rates and very significantly reduced the available monies folks can put aside into Flexible Health Care Accounts. That one will end up costing the common man big bucks, but the nation kisses the idea of something for "free"[:@]

ORIGINAL: countilaw

SNIP. . HK is not a Chinese Hobby Supplier, HK is owned by an Austrailian operating in China so he is out of reach for litigation for patent infrigment, copywrite violations, Consumer Rights violations and Labor Laws. If you don't know his name, it's Anthony Hand. Most of his products are cheap knock offs of quality made products engineered and designed right here in the U.S. However, being in China, he's untouchable by US law.

So keep sending your money to him, and screwing your fellow countrymen and then one of the days when you need a part today, and your local hobby shop is gone, just pat your self on the back. You will have no one to blame but yourself.

His products are cheap and very unreliable. 2 bad receivers out of 12 is not quality.

Frank

Frank I NEVER made any reference about quality rather a comment about planning ahead for known low end stuff. MY comment actually fits more under the label of getting what you paid for.

Now as for your painting Anthony Hand with that big black brush, I am impressed. I have always heard that honorable folks didn't say rude and nasty things about others behind their backs and when on line that meant you had to forward you diatribe to him so he could defend himself. I will assume you did so.

However unlike you, I don't know all the answers but I do know that there are a multitude of products available for less than 50% of what one or two of my LHS's have wanted FOR THE EXACT [ by name brand and mfg number ] ITEM. That kind of suggests to me that there are almost as many dishonorable LHS folks in the business as there are used car salesmen. I had one LHS owner charge me exactly DOUBLE what the Hobby Lobby catalogue showed as retail for an item I asked him to order. That was when I began watching the 'show' of "support your LHS" screamers versus on line or mail order stuff.

When they are reasonable, I do try to support my LHS but there are times when they don't even have, or cannot get, a product much less a competitive product and that is when I order from elsewhere as that is my only choice. Or would you rather we just don't enjoy that portion of the hobby any more?

Please answer that last question because it is very important to all of us.