RCU Forums - View Single Post - Thumbs Up for Hobbyking Support
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 12:50 AM
Rob2160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thumbs Up for Hobbyking Support

ORIGINAL: countilaw

ORIGINAL: Bob Pastorello

I wasn't going to post here at all, considering the overwhelming number of RCU folks who call users of HK unspeakable-names and low-lifes for being anything from un-patriotic to blasphemous for daring to use a Chinese hobby supplier...........................I am on a fixed income. I like to buy what I believe is the best value/quality/performance/reliability for my $$.

First, This is not aimed at Bob.

And second, HK is not a Chinese Hobby Supplier, HK is owned by an Austrailian operating in China so he is out of reach for litigation for patent infrigment, copywrite violations, Consumer Rights violations and Labor Laws. If you don't know his name, it's Anthony Hand. Most of his products are cheap knock offs of quality made products engineered and designed right here in the U.S. However, being in China, he's untouchable by US law.

So keep sending your money to him, and screwing your fellow countrymen and then one of the days when you need a part today, and your local hobby shop is gone, just pat your self on the back. You will have no one to blame but yourself.

His products are cheap and very unreliable. 2 bad receivers out of 12 is not quality.

Frank

Hey Frank,

Wanting to keep this civil, amicable and on topic but I just have to respectfully challenge some of your comments...

Saying his products are very unreliable... Have you bought and personally tested every single product he sells?

That would be the only way your comment could be credible..

I am a Platinum HK customer and I would NEVER say all HK products are perfect and reliable, that would be ridiculous because they sell thousands of items and I have only purchased a small percentage.

However I can say from my own personal experience with the more than 500 items I have purchased from HK that they have been extremely reliable, even far surpasssing my original expectation based on the very cheap prices.

In over 500 items only one lipo battery came with one cell showing low voltage, however a few cycles on a balancer and it came good. That battery is still going well in a 450 Heli...

So I challenge your comment....

If you said SOME of his products are unreliable I would totally agree with you. And you can see the unreliable products by reading the customer reviews associated with each product. I research everything I buy thoroughly and will not buy a HK product or any product that has bad customer reviews.

This technique works for me and is why I can honestly claim that all my HK purchases are amazingly reliable... And a bargain to boot.

How many HK items have YOU personally bought that are unreliable, ? That is a fair question?

Back the HK owner, I actually didn't know he was Australian, but why criticise a man for having business smarts...

Would you deny some astute businessmen in the USA also have offshore bank accounts to avoid US law? The odd cliche 'Swiss Bank Account?'

Perhap here is another perspective because you seem upset that he is untouchable by US law...

Maybe that is a good thing because of the litiguous nature of the USA society... I am constantly amazed by the television commercials for medication in the USA and how they list each and every possible side effect... I havent seen that in any other country in the world.

Personally that culture would scare the hell out of me if I was looking for a country to establish a new business..

Here is another perspective. If a Canadian Businessman set up business in the USA is he untouchable by Chinese Law?

Is he untouchable by Russian or Australian Law? So Mr Hand deciding to setup Business in China is not a personal vendetta to undermine the USA economy, but simply a business decision where he can make the most profit with the least legal grief or risk of litigation...

Don't criticise him for being smart.

It is a world economy now and each country must adapt to survive.

I will happily send money to China because they buy Billions of Tons of Australian Iron ore each year and that single industry virtually protected Australia from the GFC.

I often joke that my HK helis started life as a pile of red dirt in the Australian Desert.

In return I get products that I beleive are good value for money. Why would I buy essentially the same products from countries that are priced much higher?

I have also bought thousands of dollars of hobby products from the USA, many radios transmitters and other products... But here is the clincher...

I bought these items and sent my dollars to the USA ONLY because the cheap HK helicopters got me totally hooked on RC Helicopters and without HK I certainly would not have bought these items from USA hobbyshops.. Thereby actually boosting your economy.

So in my individual Case, HK has only influenced me in a way that BENEFITS the USA economy and I know I am not the only one... I know many other Aussies who also buy regularly from the USA to complement purchases from Hobbyking.

Do you really beleive that all HK products are Junk? Every single item? A fair question based on your comments.

Ps sorry for the obvious typos.. I typed this out quickly on the ipad as I didnt have much time.. I will come back and correct later tonight when home.