RCU Forums - View Single Post - Proper Fuel Line Size
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 06:55 AM
poppy2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proper Fuel Line Size

This should be a fairly simple question. I have not be active flying now for about three years and want to get active again. I have three trainer planes and that is all that I have flown. I started out with an OS La 40 engine and then bought two OS Max 46 AX engines and have used them on my trainers. Getting all my stuff out and checking out my planes now, I have noticed something that I am not sure what I knew back when I got into this hobby. I have noticed that the fuel lines that I have are in two sizes. I am not sure what they are called, Large, medium, etc but I do know what the inside diameters measure. One line has a inside that measures 1/16 of an inch and the other measures 2/16 of an inch. Now again, I am not sure to the best of my recognition what size line I started out with when I started in this hobby. What it appears is that I had the larger size line on the engine I just pulled off the other day but when I went to replace it with large size line, it seemed to have a fairly lose fit on the metal tubing coming out of the fuel tank. This didn't make me feel comfortable. When I put the smaller size line on it seemed to have a good tight fit. Also the metal tubing coming out of the fuel tank seems to be the same inside diameter, 1/16, as the 1/16 inside diameter fuel line. The smaller sized line will fit on the engine also. My question is this. Given that I am using the OS Max 46 AX engine, is there any problem using this line? Will I be getting all the fuel that the engine needs. Is there any question that I will not be getting enough fuel that the engine needs?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Poppy2