Thread: Bobcat Finished
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2002, 03:09 AM
Harley Condra
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BobCat weight

Pete,
My BobCat XL with a RAM 1000R X series and a clear coated six colored paint job weighs in at a whopping 19 lbs. 6 oz.(dry) with only one battery. Thats only 2 oz. lighter than yours that has two batteries! That is a very small percentage of the total weight. When I had the airstart 750 PLUS installed, it was 19 lbs 10 oz. by the time I put 6 oz. of lead in the nose to get the CG correct. I reduced the weight by a doing a small amount of equipment relocation when I installed the 1000R.
At the heavier weight, it was still a real floater in the pattern, and when wide open was extremely fast. (you should see it now). A normal takeoff roll at sea level was around 100 feet, and with the 1000 it will get off in about 75 feet or less.(hard surfaced runways). I wouldn't worry about the weight of your BobCat. It's right in the ballpark.
Your'e Going to love it!

I'm flying mine with the Tony F. JR 10X program that can be found in his trimming article on the BVM website. It uses all 10 channels, but gives you the maximum in surface adjustability and expands your ability to trim the airplane. Tony really knows what he is doing, and I will recommend his program to one and all.

Good luck with it, and I hope you like it as much as I like mine.
Let us know how it flies!
Harley Condra
BVM REP
RAM REP
Buy American!!!!!!