RCU Forums - View Single Post - Proper Trimming Power Setting
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 03:58 AM
poppy2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Proper Trimming Power Setting

I would like to thank everyone for all the information and insights that have been shared in these post. Again I want to let you know that all I fly is trainers and at age 71 that will probably be my limit. I am beyond grateful that I have gone this far. Again, my understanding is that power takes you up or down, and elevator is for speed, faster or slower.

I have also come across some other information, not sure where, possibly from this forum years ago, that states, "During a flight, a pilot will alter the speed and angle of attack of the aircraft. These two factors are often balanced against each other. If the pilot wishes to increase speed and maintain level flight, the angle of attact must be decreased to offset the extra lift that is provided by the increase in the speed of the aircraft. The faster the plane moves through the air, the more lift the wing developes at a given angle of attack. Within limits, the greater the angle of attack, the greater the lift at a given speed. If the angle of attack becomes to great, the wing suddenly loses lift and is said to stall." This information is for a trainer with dihedral wing. How is differs from other planes, I am not sure.

Which brought me back to my orignal question, "At what speed do you trim the trainer?" Now with all this information, input and intuition, I believe that the sweet spot is between 50 to 70 % of the max power of the engine. And the engine that I am using is an OS Max 46 AX.

Again I want to thank everyone who took the time to respond to my post.

Poppy2/WD4LNK