Thread: Bobcat Finished
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2002, 03:37 PM
DavidR
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bobcat Finished

Pete,

Glad to hear your getting ready to fly it. Mine weighs right at 20 pounds with a P-120 on it and the UAT full of fuel.

Just got back from the Central Texas Jet Rally in Ausitn this weekend. I put a bunch of flights on the Bobcat. I just added the speedlimiter and played with it and the cruise control for the weekend. I have mine set at 175 mph and checked max speed after every flight. I have around 50 flights on the plane now and am very confident in the structural integrity of the airframe, and my building job. This thing is awesome, the more I fly it the more I enjoy it. I was consitently off the ground in 50' and pulling straight up and rolling until I got tired of going up. Max speed I hit was around 200 mph but average speed was usually around 120-140. The wind was blowing pretty hard (15-25 mph) and gusty and the BC handled it well. Landings were short with about a 75-100' roll out. It lands longer when the wind is not blowing. I have also found that if you throw the gear out while making a turn you will not notice any ballooning at all. The Jetcat was flawless.

David Reid