RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jetti Pro Spin 99
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 03:54 PM
AmericanSpectre505

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Jetti Pro Spin 99

Okay Guys,

I had an opening in the weather and took off to test my new settings..., not overly impressed. However, I did accomplish may things you all shared here. The switch for the idle down to engage the break (Awesome!). The use of a throttle kill switch to initially arm the ESC, so I don't have to move throttle trim. The new throttle curve which I really like (thanks Brenner).

I called Aero-Model and spoke with Mike in length about the ESC and the Hacker Q80-14XS. I was educated very well and now understand the correlation between setting the end points and matching those, as close as possible in the ESC.

I reset my fixed points to 50% on my low and the high (14MZ) I moved my end points up until the ESC armed, initially it was around 78 percent. I wanted 100, so I went into the ESC and moved my low end point from 1.08 to 1.12 and did the process again, bingo 103% (no loss in resolution). I pulled the prop. and did the same for the high end. The high end actually was at max RMP at full throttle at 57 percent and the end point was at 100 prior, so I again went into the ESC program and moved it from 1.80 (I reset it) to 2.07 and bingo,..104 on the high side (no dead space in the stick at the high end,..Groovy!). I did this for resolution on the stick. Mike was very gracious in explaining the potentiometer attached to the gimbles in the TX and how that directly relates to the ESC input/output sensing (since I'm an electronic nerd, it made sense). That was the reason for achieving 100 percent (not necessary to do so, but Mike expalin the relation to power in step percentages to timing, resolution, etc and I wanted to get as precise as possible ).

Soooooo...., the end result currently, I am at 2778 Watts and 72.1 Amps (static) with a 20.5 x 14 APC, better batteries (better chemistry) will help for sure . I am going to try the new 25C-4600 F3A from Aero-Model.com, due to the difference in chemistry from what I am currently using. I am also waiting on G8 5400-L packs and will try F3A Unlimited packs.

Gents, Mission accoplished and Thank you for all the input.

I used Chad's program and switch philosophy and Brenner's Throttle curve in the Contra post #1160 and converted it to an exponential curve in the radio (it does it for you, sort'a, just say "No").

"Big Thank You" to Mike at Aero-Model for taking so much time to talk with me and pass knowledge.

Bill Holsten