RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jetti Pro Spin 99
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 04:43 AM
omsflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jetti Pro Spin 99

Guys I had a pretty good prop strike with my prop at a recent contest.. I took all the electrics out for and inspection, all looked good, tight etc... But went to practice yesterday and when i powered up for takeoff the plane had just left the ground and terrible
vibrational type noise came out.. When the prop strike happened, I cleaned the mud off the prop and fixed the gear, then in the next round and I was flying Advanced and was a just two maneuvers away from finishing and this vibrational noise came for the first time, I aborted and landed.. when my caller went to retrieve the plane and said he smelled an electrical burn smell... the plane did smell bad inside.. but in checking all components nothing seemed out of order.. looked good..no burnt wires etc.. I flew no more out of caution..
When later after returning to my home field went to practice and had three good flys with absolutely no issues, but third flight and just started to rotate and bang this vibrational sound appeared I landed under power, but it can not get above 1/2 throttle.. Could the Jetti Pro have suffered a serious issue, or maybe the motor a Q-80 bit the dust???
Im fairly new to electrics, but this is weird.. Can you send the ESC in for repairs IF that is the problem, or is it trash..
A friend said he had a prop strike taxiing back to pits and his ESC wouldn't arm again... But I don't believe it was a Jetti either...
Thanks for any ideas!!! Charlie