RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hotser
Thread: Hotser
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 12:03 PM
dbacque
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hotser

My control throws are close to what you suggest. I've got a little more aileron throw but the ailerons are cut way down from the stock Hots. It felt good in roll. My CG is about 30%. With the backplate mount allowing the engine to move back a bit and a tuned pipe instead of a stock muffler, I had to move the battery forward quite a bit from my regular Hots', even with the addition of the spinner and cowl. I'd like to move the battery a bit more forward but it just doesn't fit. I was thinking of trying a different battery pack but once it was trimmed things felt pretty good. So I think I'm alright on CG. I need another couple of flights to start feeling these things out.

I added 6 oz. of castor to a gallon of all synthetic fuel like Dub recommends for break in. My goodness does that engine run! And with the red carb it handles like a sport engine. You should have seen the faces when I fired it up at the field. The best two quotes for the day were "I've never heard an engine that sounded like that!" and "I've never seen a tach reading that high before!"

Dave