RCU Forums - View Single Post - what you think, a Walbro for a Glow 4st
Old 07-02-2013, 04:15 PM
Charley
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: what you think, a Walbro for a Glow 4st

ORIGINAL: earlwb

for glow fuel, You will likely need the Walbro Methanol rebuild kit for the carb so you can can replace the diaphragms with methanol compatible parts. Now using the methanol 2 stroke Walbro carb on a 4 stroke may wind up being too rich for a 4 stroke engine, so using a regular Walbro might work in that case. You could also get a Walbro 4 stroke engine carb and use it with the methanol rebuild kit too. They do have 4 stroke trimmer engines in the 30cc displacement range too. Thus the 4 stroke gas carb might work if it isn't set too lean on the jets.

Another thought is to use a Cline regulator and a Perry VP-22SG oscillating pump and just use the regular carb that came with the engine. But that depends on how good the OEm carb is though.

Then you can also just convert the engine over to spark ignition using a CH-Ignitions conversion kit. The spark ignition engines idle much better with the more reliable spark ignition versus a glow plug. That would let you keep the OEM carb then.
I put ignition on my Saito 1.50 when it would throw props, etc. The early 1.50s were notorious for that. After a summer of flying the engine broke in and behaves fine on glow.

FWIW,

CR