RCU Forums - View Single Post - Help, what is this?
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 04:42 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Help, what is this?

ORIGINAL: CallMeChris

it came with traxxas controls and electronics...the guy said they were both t maxxes...lol This one runs just fune, the second one needs a few plastic pieces but nothing major. Also got a savage that needs a bit of work and a kyosho that i need to identify when I get a chance that needs put together and a few odd and end pieces. A couple extra motors and a couple extra rims and tires...all for $170 so I didnt do too bad...too bad these arent the traxxas he said. Oh well, I am just glad to have some nitro trucks to tinker with again! Sold all mine off years ago and the kids are old enough to start playing with them. I got them some electric rustlers and they have had fun but I just cant get into the electrics like I could the nitros! lol
If you got all that for $170 and at least on volcano runs as is, then you did well. If the savage runs then major score.
Many times I see used volcanos on ebay for retarded asking prices (often about what they cost new)
Ive owned a couple of the electric counterpart to your nitro volcano. Its a nice sized monster truck....just big enough to go most places and threw grass, but small enough that the smaller motor will give good speed and power.
Best deal I ever got was a brushless, ready to run volcano pro for $80 shipped!
You could sell the second volcano on ebay as is and get a good $50-$80 for it....make back some of your money and put that into the savage. That or keep it as a parts rig for the running volcano.

Im not a huge nitro guy, but have owned many used ones. And I found the smaller (.18 and under) motor tend to be easier to tune and keep tuned. Maybe just a fluke thing, but since I don't care much for tuning I like to have a nitro that is easiest to keep running.

Tons of alloy hop up parts available for the volcano! C hub, steering hub and rear hubs are the ones to get. wouldn't bother with the suspension arms or shock towers as the stock ones hold up pretty well.