RCU Forums - View Single Post - Building a Dynaflite Super Decathlon
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 05:20 PM
WILDCRASHWILLY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Building a Dynaflite Super Decathlon

Well Guys,

I have tried numerous times to get this engine running the last couple of weeks with no success. I have never seen or had an engine I couldn't make run... until now. I checked the metering lever, the diaphragm, the fuel pump check valves. The ignition performance and timing. When I can get it to start it is very strong now that I adjusted the metering lever to a slightly richer setting. Unfortunately, if it dies or I shut it off, I could flip it a 100 times and it may not fire. I even took the fuel tank back out of it and soldered barbs on the brass in the tank to lock the fuel line tightly at the connections. I have fought this engine longer than I should have. I'm gonna call TBM and ship to them for inspection. Its still under warranty obviously since it has never been off the ground or run longer than 5 minutes for that matter. It's a shame my other ZDZ is a great engine. It's a Super 80. This one is a 40. Needless to say I am getting a negative attitude towards this engine. Maybe TBM can resolve the issue for me and I can finally maiden this engine/plane combo. For what ever reason it does not want to draw out of the fuel tank. Virtually impossible to prime.

Wish me luck everybody.