RCU Forums - View Single Post - LI-FE battery pack, good bad?
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 09:35 AM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts
Default RE: LI-FE battery pack, good bad?

It has been along time since I used the pack ( haven't flown that much in the last two years [:@] ) I wanted to know what was the capacity after 4 years, my knowledge on LI-FE batts is not that great, maybe I damage the pack by cycling it but after all the time I have spent on it and this thread with all the comments and suggestions I have acquired tons of info and definitely I know a lot more about LI-FE batts ,

When I used to fly my airplanes every weekend using NI-CAD or NI-MH was not a concern because I was on top of the packs, I knew the condition of every pack I had and I checked them after every flight ( I saved one or two airplanes doing that [&:] ) so, any of the usual inconvenience on that type of batts was easily avoided, as I said it before I don't fly that often at the moment also I have to drive about 40 mim. to my first club field to find out that is not flyable ( low ceiling or too windy [:@] ) or I have to drive 1 1/2 hr to my second club where conditions are 90% of the time flyable all this plus family is restricting my flying ( at the moment )

Knowing this I want now to change all my RX packs to a type of cell that is more manageable or should I say less manageable where I don't have to be too concerned about my RX packs been drained or completely flat because they have been sitting for some time.

It may be may own fault that this pack has gone bad ( FYI my second pack is just fine and capacity is 2200 after 4 years ) but it has helped me make the decision to change all my RX packs to LI-FE batts. yes I been doing my homework reading on LI-FE everywhere including the pages from http://www.hangtimes.com/