RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need Speedometer for RC car or something to record max speed
Old 07-06-2013, 05:36 PM
rcenth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need Speedometer for RC car or something to record max speed

ORIGINAL: Foxy

ORIGINAL: ejc34710

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Or if you have an iphone or any android device, there are a multitude of apps (some free) that will give you a lot more information than most RC telemetry systems, and more accurate too, since it's accelerometer AND GPS based.
He said in his first post he already tried all the apps he could find with no success.
I've used Dynolicious for iphone and OBD Torque for Android, they work well in my 1:1.

OP, you know you need to setup and callibrate the apps, right? Anyway, a speed gun is probably the better solution.
How do you calibrate them? I never saw any setting or anything that had an option to calibrate, they all just seem pretty straight forward, just press "start" and "stop". I mean the reviews were good on them so I guess it can't be that the apps don't work or else it wouldn't work for anybody not just me. Perhaps it's the area I'm in? Maybe it's just not picking up a good GPS signal? Maybe that's why I'm also having issues with the Garmin? I live in the city, I get cell phone coverage just fine but, who knows. It did take a long while for the Garmin to first pick up the satellites or whatever, it was saying "locating" for so long I had to just put it on the ground and come back to it.

Well I'm really looking forward to the radar gun, and I'll probably go ahead and get the Garmin 301 as well if I can find a good deal on a used, if I can get it for $50 so I'll do it.