RCU Forums - View Single Post - SAMs 1st Annual VALLEY OF SPEED Scale Warbird Race, Aug. 4th
Old 07-06-2013, 08:27 PM
Iron Dog

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: SAMs 1st Annual VALLEY OF SPEED Scale Warbird Race, Aug. 4th

ORIGINAL: Casey Leadfoot Smith

So I was looking at your flyer Ollie and I noticed that Strega appears to be in last place. Now I know this couldn't be possible so now I'm curious about your whole race. Is this flyer just a cover for your nonexisting race? Is all the prizes you offer just a sham? Are you taking money for a race that doesn't exist? I'm on to you buddy. I ain't fallin for your tricks.

Well Casey, when I made my flyer, using the full-scale planes, I had to think about how a SAM’s scale version of the Reno Air Races would actually play-out . . .

Here’s how I see it:

The Shaws have flown models of Rare Bear and Miss America, so of course their planes are ahead of the pack.

Skids, in his Precious Metal would be hot on their heels applying pressure trying to force them into a mistake.

Sea Furies - and other round cowled - planes are are always struggling a bit to keep up with the pack. (And, “Yes” that is a reference to a particular round-nosed-cowl-lover, and notorious P-51-despiser we all know and love!)

And, finally there is Leadbutt . . . the last remaining P-51 pilot. I remember you talked awhile back about possibly modeling Strega for your next build. And of course you’d be the s-l-o-w-e-s-t plane in the pack.

See, no funny business; it's all on the up & up, making perfect sense, my friend!

(Glad you're back, Casey. We've missed ya! I'm looking forward to helping you maiden that obomination you call a racer, tomorrow! See you in the morning.)