RCU Forums - View Single Post - HELP! SUGGESTIONS PLEASE - Which fuel pump for a large (45cc) petrol (gas) engine?
Old 07-07-2013, 10:04 AM
jasona

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! SUGGESTIONS PLEASE - Which fuel pump for a large (45cc) petrol (gas) engine?

Hi everyone!

So I have a 45cc twin cylinder (two carbs) petrol (gas) two-stroke engine in my 5th scale Spitfire. It's VERY hard to start: Symptoms suggest it's struggling to get the fuel through, so I wanted to try a fuel pump.

Which pump would you suggest for a large gas engine?

The engine runs beautifully and flawlessly once it starts, it can just take an hour to get it started. Today we tried for two hours until all our batteries were flat and it wouldn't start, it just runs off the prime and then stops.

Set-up: Fuel tanks has three exit tubes: One for filling, one connected to the exhaust as a pressure pipe and the other that goes off to the engine: That pipe splits into two via a T-piece to go off to each carb.

It ran beautifully and started easily on the test bench and HAS fired up and run in the airframe, but at best it takes about an hour to get it started.

So, 45cc twin cylinder petrol/gas two stroke: Which fuel pump? I did see the Perry Pump VP40SG but I get the impression that's not intended for really large engines.

This the engine: http://www.meiss-motoren.de/Reihenmotore/45_R/45_r.html

Thanks in advance for any responses or suggestions!