RCU Forums - View Single Post - soft mounted Q80
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 10:36 AM
Rune

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default soft mounted Q80

Hi guys
I have been flying a Spark so fare this season and are wery happy with the plane and the way its behave.
It has been just one thing I really havent like with my setup ...noice.... it sounds as it had been some vibrations special when I have push the plane on the rudder, so I decide after last competiton to remove the engine and what it was hard mounted on and replace the mounting with a soft mount .
And I have to say ...what a difrence..I have used 4 normal 10x10 mm rubber mount and a "hard" mount into the rear bearing .
The first time I activate the esc I didnt think I got it activated as I didnt hear the low noice form the engine when it activeted.
SO all the horribel sound for the motor is gone!
Sorry I didnt take any pics but its a really easy mod, Its a ring in the front in 2mm fiberglass this is glued into ht nose about 6mm behind the front to leave room for the bolts and one ring wich is mounted to the engine and rubber mount between those rings, I had to make a new distance ring to the engine so I got the prop 5mm more away from the motor.
the back mount I had I still use just found some plastic rings to get it about 5mm futher backwards.
So if you have problems with noice like I did ..give it try.