RCU Forums - View Single Post - vvrc 40cc twin
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 06:37 AM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: vvrc 40cc twin

Mine arrived yesterday. It took more time than expected to get here using Fed Ex ground.

I took it out of the wraps and turned it over. Very good compression, better than any other engine with one exception, the OS GT33. It feels fairly stiff as I turn it, but that should go away with run time, making for a tight feel and long life after full break in.

I didn't realize that the heads can be purchased either for the small spark plug or the more typical CM6 size plug. Unfortunately mine came equipped with the small plugs. I will probably return itto getthe more conventional plugs

Early photos showed the engine with a single prop nut, which was a selling point for me. My engine came with the four screws in front. It's okay but I'd prefer the single nut because that opens up the whole array of APC props with narrow hubs this engine can turn.I have an 18.5 x 9.5 Wide hub apc prop ready drilled for a DLE35 that should work for break in; I assume the bolt pattern is the same

A nice touch is the fact that the engine is prerun for quality assurance.

I found it interesting that they recommend Stihl Ultra as the oil of choice and then proceed to say that the oil is biodegradable, losing 80% of its life after 3 weeks. I suppose that means that once mixed it better get used up quickly. I have no plan to use that oil. I'm staying with what I knopw works well for me....