RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great planes ultimate 160
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 06:12 PM
rowdyjoe
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great planes ultimate 160

I gathered up my nerve and decided to tackle the upper wing assembly and installation today. I attached the ailerons and installed the servos and linkage and then dry fit the wing halves. I set up a rack in the garage and mounted the lower wing, install the "I"struts and assembled the upper wing. Using 30 min. epoxy, Ihad plenty of time to work with getting the wing installed. The slowest part was tightening the bolts on the cabanes. Those small nuts and bolts are hard for this old man to work with but, Imanaged to get it done with time to spare.
While the epoxy was setting, I carried it gently out in the yard for some pictures. It won't be long before it's ready to fly. I'll let it cure over night and remove the wings tomorrow and finish installing the servo leads into the fuselage. What a pain that will be at the field. I wish now Ihad thought it through a little better. I may still replace the long servo leads with shorter ones so I can connect them outside the fuselage. I'll install the long ones on the receiver and just join them at the cabanes. I think that will work better. Any thoughts or better ideas?

RJ

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz79066.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	172.0 KB
ID:	1899297   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cy77660.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	1899298