RCU Forums - View Single Post - JR XG11 radio
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 03:46 AM
Rob2160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JR XG11 radio

ORIGINAL: Boom Operator

This is not a reply but a request for help. Has any one downloaded the JR XG11 update to their JR 11X 2.4 from Horizon Hobbies website? If you have, have you had any bad issues and would you recommend it. The guys from Horizon say it will make the JR11X 2.4 a much better radio with this upgrade.
Hi,

Iupgraded mine to the Version 2 firmware. I actually have two JR11Xs so I upgraged one first and did many side by side comparisons..

I eventually upgraded the 2nd one also. The main reason is that Version 2 gives you the ability to calibrate your gimbals.

A few minor things I don't like about V2.. the Model name is no longer in bold, and you sometimes get a false indication of RX voltage which is telemetry in the XG11 but useless information in the JR 11X...

If your radio does everything you want then no need to upgrade.. I only did for the calibration option.

V2 also changes how the analog trim works.. originally with my BNF aircraft and helis I could leave the throttle trim centred and they would work fine.. After the upgrade you MUST put your throttle trim fully down when using any of the BNFelectric aircraft / heli otherwise the esc won't initialise as you are not actually getting min throttle with throttle trim centred as you did with V1.

This vid might help..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaDdcg4G2jo[/youtube]