RCU Forums - View Single Post - New to hobby and looking for recommendations
Old 07-11-2013, 07:31 AM
Boostedeco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to hobby and looking for recommendations

I new to the hobby and forum. I've been wanting to find and new fun lil hobby for my son and I and think rc cars would be a great fit for the two of us. His 9th birthday is coming up shortly and was gonna surprise him with a new rc truck. I have not bought any cars yet and was wanting some input on what cars you would recommend. I'm just gonna buy him one first and then mine at a later date.

I know that I'm wanting to get him a truck because it will be driven in grass, dirt, and occasionally pavement. I do also know that I want to go the brushless route because of the ease and potential of them for when he gets more experience with it. I was planning in 1/10 scale and was looking to stay in the $200ish range since I know parts will get broken and wanting to eventually upgrade to lipo batteries. Currently I've been eyeing the redcat volcano exp pro and caldera 10e since it seems you get a little more for the money compared to the bigger name brands. What would you guys prefer of these two trucks and what other options would you recommend that are comparable too them in size, style, and price? Thanks in advance for any help/input.