RCU Forums - View Single Post - New to hobby and looking for recommendations
Old 07-12-2013, 07:17 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: New to hobby and looking for recommendations

ORIGINAL: Boostedeco

After some quick research, ecx website says the torment comes with a 20t motor and 12t esc. All the ones I'm finding online says 15t motor and 15t esc. Hmmm looks like I need to do some more research
I had noticed that on ECX website the other day....looks like they have not updated the info there. They do have 15t motors now. It used to be an upgrade option.
Honestly, even the 20t motor version was just fine. the 15t motor just adds a couple extra MPH to the top speed. and the 15t ESC is waterproof where the 12t was not.

I hadn't realized they were going for $150 on ebay. That makes it just an amazing rc for the money. Its worth $190 IMO. For $150 it should be the 1st rc anyone buys. Like I had said, except for getting a higher MAH battery, the torment has all one needs in a RTR truck. Good offroad, fun on pavement, built tough, decent electronics, decent speed....just a great all-around truck.
I noticed the gray/black/green body which is new. Dang, now I want one again!

they upgraded the charger as well. the older model had a slower one. 2.0amp charger is prefect for the 1800mah battery. To get a 1 hour charger in a RTR is pretty decent really.

Also, to get a spectrum radio in a RTR is sweet. That's a really nice radio given the price of the model.

Anyone who buys a $200+ slash over the torment is nuts really. Ive had both and the durability is the same. Torment handles better IMO. Only plus for the slash is more aftermarket support. But there are ECX brand upgrades available. And you can slap just about any 1/10 scale brushless system in that truck when you are ready for more speed.