RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great planes ultimate 160
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 11:49 PM
rowdyjoe
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great planes ultimate 160

Well, it's finished except for CG balance and engine test run. I probablly won't put the wheel pants on until after the first couple of flights. Finishing it up went faster than Ithought. I cut the cowl last night and fitted and mounted it today. It looks really good. My batteries came in and they're all charged up and ready to go. Guess I'll mount the wings tomorrow and get him balanced and run the engine. The CG is very close withe wings off and I'm wondering how much difference it will make with them mounted.
I won't be able to get an accurate weight because my little digital scale only goes up to 11 lbs. I'll have to find a bigger scale.
Oh, Ihaven't mounted the pilot and canopy yet becaue if i have to add weight behind the CG, I figure that's a good place to hide it. The pilot bust is hollow and I can stuff some lead in there. I'm hoping Iwon't need it.
The weather is supposed to cool down below 100f next week and it looks like the winds will cooperate too. I hope to have a good report on the first flight sometime next week.
I'll post some pics of her assembled and ready to fly tomorrow.

RJ