RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome)
Old 07-13-2013, 09:33 AM
Pitts532M
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome)

Thank-you, I enjoy the plane.

If you find a set of plans let me know, I would maybe like to rebuild this myself, think I would add flaps.

ORIGINAL: KaP2011

ORIGINAL: Pitts532M

KAP2011Don't know about Pica and Platt being the same, take Tom's word for it. Measured my Spitfire, same measurements as yours. Mine is a Pica kit, (kit RC-1, plans and design by Jon Tanger) Unfortunately no plans to send you, just torn pieces with the Pica logo and dimensions. Here are some pictures, I'd take the chin cowl off but that is really a pain, looks just like yours though.Just had mine to the field today flying. I got it at a swap meet nearly built. Had an epoxy glass covering of some sort on it. Painted it with Warbird colors. OS 91 4 stroke turning a 13" two bladed prop, retracts Rom Air (they're over 40 years old). Heavy (glass and paint), and she flies great, realistic maneuvers. Need to paint the spinner sea foam and try a three bladed prop.Good luck, will be looking for your success. #37
Thanks for the info. I still havn't found a set of wing plans, Me410 may have a set, he's going to look for them when he gets a chance. I would really like to find an un-built kit that I could afford. My Spit looks like it's been through a number of changes at the hands of the previous owner. A friend that I fly with has one that bought at a swap meet. I've flown it once or twice and you're right, it flies great. His also has an OS 91FS. Mine also has a painted/glass covering but it feels very light, maybe 3 - 4 pounds with no gear in it.
Your Spit looks great.