RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 soviet steel
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 10:46 AM
lposter

Received 151 Likes on 87 Posts
Default RE: 1/10 soviet steel

THought Id update this as my conscience was kicked by another thread.progress is murderous but ongoing.Im essentially finished all the road wheel and have mounted them on axles. Each wheel has a brass bushing within which the axles spin. Axles are coach bolts with the shoulders ground off - by hand! That was a few nights in front of the TV! I attached a picture witth them just kind of hung on the arms. Ive mounted on side of teh arms and will do the other side in a day or two. Not easy....I finished off the back....looks rough but its all smooth and will be OK once painted. Took me a week trying to bend the stupid curved bit but I got it done in the end.Also started on th egun...first thing was the truchion or gunchion or 3whatever ots called. This was an issue as I have no lather. I bought a disk of aluminium of the right thickness from the ebay and bored a hole in th emiddle. I stick a bolt in this and chucked it in a drill then went at it with a file and sandppaer until the curve was where I wanted it to be. Then I had to cut off the two sections which are not quite halves.This was no fun as the cuts must be strainght but after a day or two and bleeding hands I got it done using the contraption shown.I also got around to test fitting one of my motors...... nicely done and simplicity itslef! 36:! gear ratio and max of 550 rpm giving me a linear speed of somewhere around a scale 40 km/hr or so.I also got my first chance to do some aluminium soldering using the stuff you see on youtube. I needed it to make my tow hitches. I think it went well.SOme of the detailing is going to have to be aluminium because the weight is gone crazy and I have noticed I do not have as much battery room as I thought I would have.So a fair bit of weight will have to be saved....p
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv66084.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	225.1 KB
ID:	1900101   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63710.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	210.3 KB
ID:	1900102   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28855.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	176.3 KB