RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great planes ultimate 160
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 11:54 PM
rowdyjoe
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great planes ultimate 160

I checked the CG this evening and it was right on the factory recommended spot. Guess Igot lucky because Ididn't have to add or move anything. I haven't weighed it yet because my small digial fish scale is too small for this plane. I'll have to find something that will handle more than 11 lbs.

After hooking up all of the servos for the first time and doing a control check, I found that Ihave one servo on the upper right aileron that is backwards. It's mounted the same as the others but, it moves opposite of the way it should. If I move the stick to the right for a right turn, the bottom aileron moves up but, the top one moves down. The left side moves like they should. I'm running the right and left pair on separate channels using a Y cable to connect bottom and top servos on each side. All four servos are HS-625MG. The odd ball servo isn't marked any different than the others so, I'm confused as to why it moves opposite the way it should. Oh well, I'll order a new one and wait for it to come in. Looks like Iwon't be flying it 'til late next week.

The engine run went fine. I had to replace the crankcase vacuum line as it was a bit too large and kept slipping off. Ireplaced it with slightly smaller tubing and now stays connected. Imanaged to get most of the four stroking tuned out and it transitions well now. I need to set the idle-up to give me a couple of hundred more rpm in flight at idle. It wants to drop too much rpm when coming back quickly from full throttle (maybe a new carb will fix the problem). I didn't get to put a tach on it this evening because it was too dark for an optical tach when I ran it. I need to get a plug in digital tach for my gassers. It would make tuning so much easier.

The pilot and canopy are installed and, aside from an aileron alignment when the new servo arrives, it will be ready for flight very soon. I'm nervous about it but, ready to see it fly.

RJ