RCU Forums - View Single Post - Heng Long bb gasket issue
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 12:15 PM
Arctic Cat ZRT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heng Long bb gasket issue

Hello Everyone!

I have finally made the dive into the RC tank hobby. I have previously only worked with boats and a clodbuster for a short bit of time. I'll get right into it though, on Friday I purchased a metal upgrade version of the Heng Long King Tiger S&S edition. The tank runs pretty well, but will need some track tensioners to take up some slack.

My big issue with the tank is that the airsoft system is not really working. The first time I tried to fire it, it jammed. I had to take the whole tank apart to pull the bbs out. Then after this, it would fire, after trial and error i found that the bucking was in the way of the bbs getting into the firing chamber, so I trimmed it down. It still wasn't working, I finally figured out that the bucking/gasket is being scrunched up where it comes in contact with the aluminum barrel. I have successfully fabricated a retainer for the bottom of the bucking to prevent this from happening. It works pretty well but now the top part of the bucking is now scrunched up. It has dawned on me that maybe I should try some type of adhesive, but what should I use? I want to be able to remove the gasket in the future without too much effort to replace it with a none modified spare in the near future. Any suggestions, also if anyone has any better ideas, I am open to advice!

Best Regards,
Cat.