RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jets Over Kentucky 2013
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 09:54 AM
rbean2
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jets Over Kentucky 2013

ORIGINAL: luv2flyrc

Got a txt from a buddy who is there, the big FEJ Hawk was being flown by Ali when the tail fluttered, parts blew off and down she came. He was not pushing the aircraft hard.

For you, Dubd and Disco wings. There was NO flutter, the spar broke, they came off and it went in. I helped pick up all the pieces and then watched as they went through every single piece we found and immediately came out with the findings. The Fly Eagle haters and nay sayers need to enjoy our hobby and lets try and help anyone we can. Nuff about that, a special thanks goes out to Lewis and Dorothy Patton, Carl Smith and all others who made this a one of a kind show. Also, a very special thanks to all the sponsors who donated time, money and great products to be auctioned off as well as raffled. Oh and Travis, Mason was so excited to take his first private plane ride - what a thrill for him and I - thank you! Boomerang Jets - thank you for the Elan (which I was lucky enough to win!) and Fly Eagle for the Hawk. Hope to see all again next year.

Richard