RCU Forums - View Single Post - FEJ Hawk
Thread: FEJ Hawk
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 12:33 PM
foster4u
My Feedback: (112)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FEJ Hawk

William, you're arguing about whether you have the right to purchase "junk". Of course you do but, my question is:
Why would you knowingly purchase junk? To you this is junk and that is an opinion based on sound logic I understand. FEJ has had too many crashes and too many issues which diminish the perceived value of their product. It is easier for me to fix the problems I have with FEJ kits than to explain the cost of the BVM. That’s why Toyota out sells Mercedes. As I said before, I ask FEJ to add or remove things that I see as incorrect, and I avoid aircraft that do not appear to be designed correctly.
Do you think yours will be the one that doesn't break? No, but I do think I have the knowledge to review what they are selling me and correct the issues for far less than what others might charge. Presuming someone else makes what I want.
Or the one that comes with all the parts? Of the 5 FEJ kits that I have built I have had few if any missing parts. I have had warped parts from pulling from the mold too soon. I am not worried about this as they have always responded to my request in a timely manner.
Or maybe you'll be the guy who gets a response from the company when he has a problem? I do get responses when I find things I don’t like. I also treat them with respect both professionally and culturally. Something that is sorely lacking by many on RCU.
Is this what you are thinking? I really don’t care if anyone buys from FEJ or any other manufacturer. What I am sick of is the constant badgering and belittling of each other because someone chooses to follow their own desire. I applaud those who stand up and identify issues along with recommendations for improvements. And I despise those with no other agenda than to stereotype cultures, stir the hate pot, and stand on their stool of self-proclaimed righteousness while lacking the ability to do better.
The focus should be on making FEJ, Skymaster, BVM, and all manufacturers provide us with high quality, reasonably priced airframes.

I think that's what perplexes most of us here. No one is saying you can't buy an FEJ jet if you want but, most are trying to understand why you would choose to do so, given what's known about the company. Because they respect my request, modify things that I don’t like, provide a pretty finish that I can’t do, and all for an affordable price. I know at the start changes will be necessary. However, if I knew nothing about aircraft design, correct material usage, or proper aircraft rigging, I would go with a proven design that has already been tested, a used BVM.