Thread: FEJ Hawk
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 02:32 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: FEJ Hawk

ORIGINAL: foster4u

Bob,
I asked for specific changes prior to agreeing to order the aircraft. If they would have said no then I would not have agreed to make the purchase. I typically do not stress the little things like leaking cylinders and brittle hinges as I can repair or replace them cheaper than they can do this for me. I do understand that there is no free ride but rebuilding these relatively inexpensive (ARF like) aircraft is cheaper and easier than building a more expensive jet kit. I do not have the patience or skills to paint the way I would like to.
My manual starts with:
Step 1 – Disassemble aircraft
Step 2 – Evaluate structure
Step 3 – Repair or replace components
Step 4 – Start building…
Funny thing is that this is the same process I use on all ARF’s, aircraft bought used, and kits. Currently in work are two hotspots, two FB Hawks, one FEJ F-4 which is my hangar queen as I just haven’t finished with all of the things I want to do to it. And the FEJ A-7 waiting for me to make final payment and take delivery.
Stay on them about getting the things you need and enjoy the hobby.

Add step 0: Cut into wings and control surfaces to make sure honeycomb is used properly. You are not dealing with ANY ARF. You are dealing with a FEJ ARF. EDFJim has done a great job showing the modifications he has made to make his FEJ planes flyable.

gjhinshaw, I'm trying to stay out of this, yet you bring me back in by using my name. To be clear - Lowell and James (NOT FEJ) offered me a F-18 with the condition that I ask RCU to close my F-14 crash thread. I was told that it wasn't "helpful". I said no thanks. FEJ, meaning Ken and Johnny/Factory have done absolutely nothing to help me and wrapped it up by saying the blame was on my electronics. I was polite up until that point.