RCU Forums - View Single Post - FEJ Hawk
Thread: FEJ Hawk
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 03:15 PM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: FEJ Hawk

ORIGINAL: gjhinshaw

Its not Junk!! Its what you make of it! I take my time putting a jet together! I insure that glue is here and there and if it doesn't look right I change it. We all or most of us just don't throw a jet together and go fly.... Maybe the new babies do because they take everything for granted and what everything handed to them!!! NO jet factory is prone to not crashing or building a jet that doesn't need something! If you say there is, Than you need to take a closer look OR we need to take a closer look at what you are flying!!! AGAIN, ITS NOT JUNK TO US WHO FLY THEM!!!! This thread is like ALL the others on FEJ... What you get is ALL haters bashing everyone and every thing!!!! YOU, don't care what you do to the jet community its just for your gratification for a few minutes! Its pretty sad for anyone to get on the forms anymore to see grown up guys bashing each other and bashing dealers, reps, and flyers... Yet you keep on and on to NO END!! We live in a sad world these days!!!

Hi,

I don't know you personally, and I have nothing against you personally (or any other way for that matter) but I have to say that this post was simply jaw-dropping. Your feelings on the 'dog-pile' notwithstanding, the idea that all of these planes are pretty much the same.... but what the end user thinks to modify is what makes the difference between an airplane and a smoking crater is profoundly naive and disingenuous in my opinion. I would be very interested to know what other ARFs you've personally assembled and flown (to know what you're comparing the ones you're talking about to). There are, in spite of your proclamation to the contrary, PLENTY of examples of ARF models where the buyer can confidently expect the airplane (and its components) to reliably do what they're designed (and, more importantly, SOLD) to do. Your statement completely ignores all of the firmly established, IMMUTABLE evidence of a fatally flawed design. When you have a fatally flawed design paired with sub-par craftsmanship/manufacture.... no amount of 'glue here and there' is going to solve the problem.

I definitely think some of the anti-FEJ people and comments have crossed the line and have become unnecessarily tribal and incendiary, but there's an overarching point here that's valid. YOU and some others need to look at a bigger picture and not just see this in terms of US vs. THEM. You might be the feather that tips the scales in a new customer's mind as to whether or not to pull the trigger on a purchase. You convince him that there's nothing wrong but just a bunch of angry guys unfairly attacking your 'perfectly fine' models... then what?? Do you take any responsibility (financially or morally) when HIS airplane goes down? It's not like there isn't compelling evidence that you are.

When faced with evidence of a recurring problem, shouldn't you at least consider slowing down and taking a closer look before you encourage someone else to go spend their money on something? I currently have a couple of F-22 customers to whom I'm NOT selling Y/A F-22 pipes to. Why? Because it's been reported to me that several of them had some potentially dangerous failures recently. My own experience with them was totally different, but I either have to pretend that we don't have a run of bad pipes (for ego's sake?) or stop representing to people that there's no problem. One of those actions is responsible.... the other is not.

I'm biting my tongue a lot on this whole issue because I have a couple of good friends who stand to be hurt by this whole situation, but some of these comments are hard to ignore...