Old 07-16-2013, 05:32 PM
foster4u
My Feedback: (112)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FEJ Hawk

ORIGINAL: k_sonn

ORIGINAL: foster4u

Dubd,
I actually requested my aircraft be built with carbon fiber laminated plywood formers, spars, and all structure supporting the wings, tails, and gear, so step “0” will not be necessary. I understand the correct use of honeycomb and ordered the aircraft that I want in a configuration that supports my comfort level. FEJ was very receptive to my personal choice and I understand that mine will be a bit heavier.
Here's the problem with that. The customer should not have to ask the manufacture to build the jet they just ordered correctly. Having to ask to have something built correctly infers it normally would be built incorrectly, which makes the manufacture untrustworthy, whether it's FEJ, Toyota, or any manufacture.

Kirk

K_sonn,
You are correct and I agree with you. That is why I say it is good to make potential buyers aware of what they are buying. What I have issue with is the attitude presented when someone chooses to buy what they want. I have never said that I would recommend FEJ to anyone that I did not believe could make the necessary changes, nor would I recommend a new BVM kit as they would probably never complete the kit. I would recommend picking up a used BVM, Skymaster, Composite ARF, FEJ or other aircraft with a decent flight record as the hard work has been done. I have built many ARF aircraft and jets and in many cases I really think the term ARF is incorrect. Some ARF's are nothing more than nicely finished fuselages but require proper building. Does FEJ have a long way to go, yes but if a person chooses to take on the challange don't stone them, help them.