RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2.4 ghz Jammers
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 07:24 AM
gazzacov

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2.4 ghz Jammers

I have an interesting addition to this discussion.
Last sunday our club was holding it's annual anniversary celabration. All went great until later in the afternoon. Now, everyone knows that we lose planes now and again, whether through pilot error, equipment malfunction, whatever. But this afternoon we lost 5 planes due to loss of control in the space of 2 hours. One was actually flying a BMFA 'B' test, (Me), so everything was more than thouroghly checked by me & 2 examiners before flight.. In fact, one of the planes to go in belonged to one of the examiners. After plane number 4 went in, we heard the sound of a group of youngsters laughing from behind a hedge, directly under where the the plane first lost control. One of our members ran around the field, in time to see 4 youths jumping on mopeds, one of them carrying what he described as a 'black box with a large telescopic antennae' .Whilst he was running off to check, we lost plane number 5(A new 1/4 scale Cub on its second flight.). Now, this was a big family event, with lots of people around the field, & I dont need to tell you guys of the possible dangers of this. Luckily, nobody was injured, but it could have so easily been the case. As for the planes, maybe 5-6 thousand pounds worth of models lost in one afternoon. We have never lost that many in a short space of time due to radio signal loss. These models were not only some very large and expensive ones, but if you take into account the hours and effort that went into building them, irriplaceable.
Needless to say the police are now involved, but to be honest, even if they are caught with the equipment, they will get off, because there is no way of proving they actually shot us down. Besided, if they are under 16, (possibly) they are below the legal age of responsibilty.
So, when I read here of people who openly admit to owning and using these devices, abiet in another country, maybe they shoud read this post. If you decide that you have the right to use one of these things for 'fun' maybe pissing off some idiot with a mobile, think on, you may also be inadvertantly destroying somebody's pride and joy, let alone putting others in danger.