RCU Forums - View Single Post - Kentucky FEJ big Hawk Crash Video
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 08:46 AM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Kentucky FEJ big Hawk Crash Video

ORIGINAL: gjhinshaw

I started with a F16 from Byron, I have had..... Byron F16 x 3, F4, Star Fire from Tom Cook x 2, Yellow Star Fire, bvm BobCat x 2, TBM Shock Jet x 4, TBM DV8R x 4, (I did the R&D) FEJ F16, 1/5 F16, F18, AT3, F35, Skymaster F16, there are a few more. I am NO expert but I can fix/repair a jet to MY liking! Not all of there jets have flaws, I pilots would slow down and take the time to go over the jet.I am sure you remember that when YOU started that you had your issues with the models you were putting out. If I remember right you had some issues on the F4 or the 18.. Maybe it was both.........I saw what you threaded on the FEJ on the stabs and I know that FEJ is listening to you! They just wont listen to yelling and screaming... Would YOU??? So am I Qualified to be a jet pilot, Mr Yellow??

Hi,

Nobody is questioning your skills and or qualifications to pilot an RC jet. At least I'm not. What I'm taking issue with is your idea that the difference between a successful model or design and a time-bomb (waiting to kill someone or otherwise 86 our hobby) is whether or not the end-user went in and added some hysol here and there. That's just crazy. More importantly, it again totally ignores the question of proper engineering and design (both structural and aeronautical).

I'm not sure what you're talking about on the stabs and FEJ listening to me? If they're not listening to yelling and screaming, that means they're more concerned about the tone of the message than the merit of the message?? BTW, if I spent the kind of money some of these guys have on a jet that turned out to be FATALLY FLAWED from the building board, I would expect my input to be front-and-center in the board room regardless of pitch of my voice.

Lastly, what issues with F-4's and F-18's are you talking about? Yes, I'm sure dozens of them have crashed over the years (because that's what eventually happens to any model that gets flown regularly....they get hung up, sold or crashed). The thing is, they're not crashing because we let some amateur design them. They're not crashing because we lack even a rudimentary understanding of laminate structures or aircraft design. I don't think anyone has discovered some latent flaw in design, engineering or manufacture that renders the model unsafe before it comes out of the box, have they? I didn't bring up Y/A planes, but they've been flying successfully since the 80's. They're not packed up and shipped out the door long before anyone over here ever bothers to try to put one together. They're not designed under the TLAR principle based on layman's guesses and plastic model pictures. They're not sold under a marketing plan that has the customers paying to beta test them AFTER they've made us an interest-free loan for a year. Oh, and if one DOES blow up because we decided to get cute with materials, we don't post blatant lies on our web site blaming the customer. Finally, we sure as hell don't take money, fail to deliver merchandise, then go to meets and take pics all day while failing to answer emails asking for status.

You can try to equate all companies and all that, but that dog don't hunt.