RCU Forums - View Single Post - Kentucky FEJ big Hawk Crash Video
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 09:56 AM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Kentucky FEJ big Hawk Crash Video

ORIGINAL: gjhinshaw

I think they had already found what the problem was..... I think its on page one
ORIGINAL: VF84sluggo

ORIGINAL: why_fly_high

One thing I find interesting is that FEJ seems to think they have the problem figured out...it is very possible that they only found the weakest link.
This very point was suggested by a trained, qualified, and practicing engineer.

As he stated to me, it is possible, perhaps even likely, that the touted ''solution'' simply relocated the failure point elsewhere along the load path. Without thorough and professional testing, how to know? Perhaps it is cheaper and more expedient for FEJ to simply let their buyers serve as production test pilots.

Now, in fairness, I wasn't present at JOK every flying minute after the Hawk failure, so I cannot claim that FEJ did not conduct an extensive ground and flight test program on the ''fix'' while we were at supper, or back at the hotel hitting the pool, and therefore was able to have it announced with certainty, at the conclusion of JOK, that the issue was solved.

Sluggo
ORIGINAL: Johnny Wong

Dear customers, we flown the new prototype Big Hawk today at KY Jets, unfortunately we lost it and we are investigating the problem. we believe we understand what happened and we are going to fix it right away ! For now, we have decided to place the Large Hawk back into testing mode until we feel we have a solid solution for this airplane . This is not a problem the 1/5.5 or 1/4.5 Hawks! We Appreciate your understanding and your support , FEJ Team
Doesn't anyone else find something wrong with FEJ's statement that they fixed the problem by the next morning? Don't you think that a regime of testing would need to be accomplished BEFORE FEJ can claim they fixed the problem? Doesn't FEJ's statement strike anyone as being odd? Doesn't anyone think that they must do extensive research before determining what failed?

It's ridiculous to claim that the problem has been identified and fixed by the next morning. It appears to me that if this is how FEJ claims they research and fix issues, they haven't a clue as what it takes to test a product before it goes out on the market.