View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 10:00 AM
J Lachowski
My Feedback: (46)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: US NATS Judging Certification

ORIGINAL: jonlowe

ORIGINAL: mlr53

If you were certified in a seminar last year 2012, do you have to take this test and recertify for this year?
Yes, for AMA because sequences changed. No, for FAI (if you were certified for FAI last year) because they are still on the 2012-2013 cycle. AMA and FAI are on different 2 year cycles.
In reality we should not have to recertify if the sequences have changed. It only should be if the rule book changes. If the rule book does not change, the criteria for judging the sequences whether its new or old does not change. In my book that is more important. All you need to do is familiarize yourself with what the sequences are or for that matter you should be familiar with the sequences anyway if you have attended a contest or two. Afterall, one does not have to get recertified twice again before judging the unknowns in FAI when judging an FAI finals.

And I guarantee you this, if you are a Masters pilot, you've been in the chair for every damn sequence, AMA and FAI, several times already.

Oh, I took the test and scored I think a 92.5%. Guess what, typos and fill in the blanks got me (ie percent vs percentage and upcomong vs upcoming as two examples(i and o key right next to each other))