RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2wd Slash vs HPI Blitz
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 07:01 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: 2wd Slash vs HPI Blitz

ORIGINAL: Eman77

On grass, all 1/10 struggle. Honestly. So don't even use that as a basis of comparison.

Also, I call shenanigans on running a 2WD Slash (or any 2WD 1/10) in 5 inch mud. Seriously? 5 inches? Take a ruler, measure 5 inches tall - that's high. Compare it to how high your RC sits.

Make it sludgy mud (not dry dirt - but MUD). Try to run though it. You won't easily. Your rear diffs will spin out as one wheel gets stuck, and your shoes will get caked fishing it out.

C'mon guys - it's good to be proud of your RCs, but be realistic.
That's a very incorrect statement and I have to disagree. From all my years experience I've found not all 1/10 vehicles preform equally.

We need to be more realistic when comparing chassis styles. Just because the slash and blitz are both SCT it does not mean they will preform the same on grass.

Only some 1/10 vehicles struggle on grass, and by struggle I mean overheat with stock gearing or a dramatic reduction of preformance
Things like rally cars, buggies, stadium trucks and most 2wd SCT's really struggle in thick grass

But things like Monster trucks, truggie's, crawlers, 4x4 SCT and the 2wd slash are great on thick grass.

Is not magic, logically it makes perfect sense. It's very easy to work out and understand.
Key points to remember that effect performance and wear and tear when running on grass
Power train 4wd or 2wd
Tyre/wheel size
Chassis hight
Chassis drag

As u can see a Slash has a poor power train, fair wheel size, but the chassis hight and drag are the best in its class when running on grass no other SCT compares.

I can assure u guys I know what I'm talking about, I've owned and still own a handful of 1/10 vehicles and traxxas 1/10 vehicles. Ive even got bit of experance running 1/10 rally cars on grass...(I've seen people on this very forum say that it can be done) hell I've even toyed with a 1/24 SCT and 1/36 hummer on grass....
I've just converted my slash to a LCG chassis. There is a massive reduction in performance now.... I mean massively noticeable... it simple sucks in grass now. And I can only assume that massive difference in performance from HCG to LCG chassis would be like comparing the blitz to the slash.

Ok so u don't use running on grass a basis of comparison. Just remember some people do. Back in the day 99% of the time I was bashing was spent on grass in my back yard or at parks. I'm not the only guys that bashes on grass.....

Hey each to there own.

I just think its important to consider where u plan to run ur new RC. Or what is the terrain like.
If u disagree that's fine. Everyone is different

Me personally its the first thing I ask (where will u be running it)when someone is thinking about getting a new RC car to enter the hobby with