RCU Forums - View Single Post - Camera questions... GOPRO OR...?
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 08:28 PM
harralk
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Camera questions... GOPRO OR...?

I'm not an expert with FPV yet, but I have done a fair bit of research into the cameras that are available and my opinion is, if you plan to go with FPV try to get the GOPRO.  It has the best resolution and clearest image of any camera I've ever seen for this purpose.  With other cameras that I've seen through a FPV setup the image quality is so poor that it almost isn't worth the effort.  Most high resolution recording cameras with usb/streaming output will usually reduce the video quality for live streaming to the point that you can barely see anything.  The latest GOPRO models have wifi streaming, which yes is a bit more expensive to get set up, but it's able to stream a 1080P image at 60fps!!  But if you want to play around with a fairly inexpensive setup I think hobbyking.com has a few options and accessories although I haven't used any of their FPV equipment.  But image quality is most important for me, so that's my opinion. 

As for cameras that are available, I have a sport camera that also has usb streaming and I remember seeing a usb wireless transmitter somewhere, but damned if I can think of the place I saw it now.  And you can get standard video transmitters all over.

Hope I didn't just confuse you even more....