RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS 33GT Gasoline Engine for Pattern
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 06:30 AM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: OS 33GT Gasoline Engine for Pattern

Yia sou Yianni,

I have tried several ES Composites canisters with varying results. None of them will boost power enough to really turn the APC 20 x 10.5 or 20.5 x 10. The props are turned but at 400-500 rpm lower revs, or in the high 6000's. BTW- the ES Composites canisters were all prototypes; I don't think Ed Skorepa has plans to commercialize them.

Expect around 500 rpm boost with the ESComposites pipe. You can get more if you shortened it to maybe 26" to the baffle, but I don't think you will like to bump at around 4000 rpm. I leave mine stretched to around 28" to the baffle to help tone down the bump and produce best all around handling for Pattern. Noise is extremely subdued also....very similar to some geared electrics

Experimentation is continuing tho, with a new walbro carb. Based on input from Rob, I will try the WYK33 carb which features a barrel type throttle valve (like glow) and larger venturi. Rob is getting terrific output from his DLE35 using this carb. TheDLE with the new carbis putting out similar power or slightly morecompared tothe OS (stock carb).

Both the DLE and the OS have more than enough power to fly any 2 meter Pattern plane. I also took a quick look at the PTE36....also good power but I continue to hear how quickly these engines are breaking down, so I don't recommend that one....