RCU Forums - View Single Post - Before you buy from Troy Built Models read this
Old 07-18-2013, 10:42 AM
j301
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Before you buy from Troy Built Models read this

ORIGINAL: irocbsa

He's to busy typing thousands of unecessary commas to have time to do something as silly as reading the thread.
Perhaps he is employing additional punctuation in an attempt to camouflage or downplay the aforementioned "unread" portion. In deed, I would say he is attempting to be a sort of "comma chameleon" so to speak!

(ya its bad, but hey, its a slow day here in the salt mines..)

Anyway, back to the business at hand, I don't know what side of the fence to fall on here. Part of me (glass 1/2 full guy) wants to think "great, it got worked out, life is swell again," while the little red gun the other shoulder keeps pointing out the fact that it took quite a long time, plus public recognition on a board like this to get things rolling. It is my personal (as a consumer) opinion that if there is a problem such as this that the vendor should pull out, or "can" the parts from one of their own kits. Then wait for the factory to send them a new replacement part. I do understand that this "canned kit" would likely have to be sold for a percentage less, but my thinking is that it would be a few dollars to buy the kind of word of mouth advertising a forum like this could, and does, provide. I know in my case if a vendor did this for me, I would certainly spread the word. And as you can see by many of the reactions here, people will agree with or fall on the side of "guilty until proven innocent" very quickly and believe the worst, many times claiming "well they just lost my $$$!" That in itself may or may not be true (my guess one memorial day flier advertising one of their 'dream kits' at 15% off and its crow for dinner with a smile.) That being said, the guy that's likely to be affected is the guy with a lump of dough in his pocket doing a quick search to see which vendor he is going to order that first P 51 from. As he looks over the newest google hits and sees a lot of highlighted "dont buy from vendor xyz" he may be quick to pick "vendor abc."
Just my 32900ยข .