RCU Forums - View Single Post - Royal-FW190A8
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 11:27 PM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Royal-FW190A8

so my bomb rack has been installed, using the reference points on the plans I cut most of the way through the part at the location of wing joint, leaving enough material near the outer most area so the part was stable, and I could align the entire piece on the center of the fuse yet separate the part at the wing joint.

it was a simple install,I just aligned the part and with a sharp pencil trace the part profile onto the bottom of the wing and glued it in place, after sanding the saddle are for a tight fit

to fill the very small gap and blend it to the wing and fuse, I used my finger and some light weight filler to remove the gaps and blend it.

another adjustment was to rebuild the front wind screen, it was twisted and looked funny when I finally assembled the plane, when it was sitting on its wheels the screen was crooked, just some minor adjustments did the trick.
the major improvement was to clean up the transition at the gun hood with a new piece of plywood, it looked goofy so I made some new pieces out of thin 1/32ply I didn't even notice it was off until after it was all together.

next project will be the gun hood latch it will be similar to my ESM gun hood with some changes.

had to do a little editing on this post I must have been tired when I wrote this one because it was unreadable (:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56139.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	1902036   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr54837.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	1902037   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71222.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	58.0 KB